Day 31 Results


It's day 31 and I finally get to share my results with you! First and foremost I feel better about the choices I am making and the food I am putting in my mouth. Secondly I understand my psychological triggers and how they are connected to food cravings. This truly is the point of the Whole30. That being said, lets move onto the fun stuff!

I've lost 9 pounds, 2 inches around my middle and dropped two pant sizes!! I've never been able to shrink my very unhappy middle until now. It's a great outward sign that my diet is helping to heal my leaky gut.


As for autoimmune symptoms here's what has improved:

Spasticity
Foot Drop
Balance
Coordination
Clonis (uncontrollable bouncing of leg muscles)
Intention tremor
Short term memory
Neuropathy 
Recovery time after strenuous exertion

Please know I'm not saying these problems are gone, they have improved. Improved enough for myself and my husband to notice. Enough my neurological chiropractor has noticed. Enough that I am not giving up this new lifestyle I've discovered, Paleo! My theory is that it would be ridiculous for someone to expect an obese person to return to a normal weight in only 30 days, and in turn it's ridiculous for me not to accept the fact that improvements will take time. It can be discouraging to take a step backwards after taking two forwards. But moving forward slowly is so much better than standing still.

But don't take my word for it, start your own Whole30 journey today!! If my story has inspired to start your own Whole30 journey please let us know in the comments!

I'd highly recommend reading It Starts With Food, but you can start like I did by visiting www.whole9life.com and reading more about it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment