Egg Muffins Recipe

We're not really breakfast people around here. A cup of coffee usually tries to sustain us until lunch. In an effort to find a simple, portable breakfast solution recently; I whipped up a batch of egg muffins! They are packed with nutrition and can be modified to your tastes!
Egg Muffins

8 eggs
1 1/2 c. veggies of your choice, chopped
I used:
Broccoli slaw (chopped smaller)
Small sweet peppers
Onions
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 400•.Grease muffin tin well! I used olive oil in my Misto to grease each one. Layer the veggies in each tin, covering the bottom. Whisk eggs with seasonings and divide evenly among muffins. Place in oven for 15-18 minutes. When done use a butter knife or fork to cut around each one and release them from the pan.

Here are a few things I learned from my first batch: don't overfill the muffin tins. I do this every time! Fill each one about 3/4 full max. Also, make sure to grease each tin WELL! This really helps you later with removing the muffins and clean up! In the end,  you can't really mess these up. They are the easiest 'make ahead' breakfast I've seen yet! I can't wait to mix up the veggies and seasonings and make some new variations. Have you tried egg muffins? What did you put in them? I'd love to hear your ideas!! Please leave them in the comments section below!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment