New Tricks to Beat the Heat!



Every year the heat catches me by surprise. I always think, this year will be better! I can't wait for summer. Then, that first day that hits near 70 or so reminds me why we were adamant about buying a house with central air. However, I can't spend all summer in the house!! I have a two year old that wants to be outside, and for that matter so do I! Through the years and trial and error I have learned a few tricks and here are a couple of the best.

I know you see ads for them all the time, but I finally bought a cooling vest, or an ice pack vest. Ice is a great way to soothe and get rid of inflammation, so wearing a vest that is concealing about six ice packs is definitely going to be MS friendly! Finally, I am able to sit out at a family BBQ and enjoy summer. The best part is that everyone is pretty jealous of my personal cooling vest, it gets pretty hot for a few weeks out of the year here!

My second trick was completely new to me. Over the last year or more I have been learning about essential oils, Doterra essential oils to be more specific. Peppermint essential oil, either directly on the skin or in a spray bottle with water is amazing at keeping you cool through the heat. I usually place a drop or two on the back of my neck and down my spine. This method is completely safe, portable and a little less embarrassing than wearing a dorky vest. Plus you smell amazing and the scent is uplifting and energizing to you and those around you. I love using peppermint oil when the heat starts to get to me.

I would love to know what special tricks you have for keeping cool during the summer. Share them in the comments or on our Facebook page!

For more information on essential oils visit:
or contact me here and on our Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment