The Biggest Loser Inspiration



The Biggest Loser is one of those shows that I just can't get enough of. But I have to admit, in the past it was just good entertainment. I'm not anywhere near obese, not even overweight. At 5'6" I'm 130 on a bad day. So my usual habit was to plop down to the latest episode of the Biggest Loser with a nice bowl of ice cream, maybe a bag of chips. But more recently I have found inspiration and personal application to the amazing things the contestants are able to achieve.

I have to be honest about something, and it may come across harsh at first, but I needed to be honest about it with myself. It used to make me angry when people had trouble walking or accomplishing daily tasks due to being overweight. I would say to myself, it's not fair. They could lose weight and be fine, I can't ever do something like that and feel good. But only in the last year or so did I realize how wrong I was. I am facing the same mountain they are. Whatever the reason is that someone gets to the point of being overweight, whether it's a loss in the family, depression or just lack of self control, I can relate! I am emotional eater. I attach to sugary items when things are just not going my way. And I am killing myself and my body with these foods. Sugar aggravates inflammation and in turn aggravates MS. And I know better! We will just add gluten and dairy in to the mix here too because they are usually in the comfort foods I reach for. All of these things can create havoc for someone with MS, like myself! I really needed a reality check. I was no different than these people I was "jealous" of. I can change my diet and lifestyle and it can change my future.

So now that I have been through the process and panic of drastically changing my diet, I am inspired by people who do the same for various reasons. This season I was rooting for Danni, she was all alone on her team for quite a while. But she achieved what no one, not even Jillian Michaels, expected. She became the Biggest Loser!

What is your challenge overcome when making change in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment